Notice

Dear students, faculty, and staff of UW Seattle,

I take no pleasure in summing up that the recent few weeks of events surrounding my immediate friends have been, in the least, highly disturbing. In the last two weeks, the social strain on me has become more and more unbearable. As much as I would hate to withdraw from my present social lifestyle, I currently see no plausible alternative. As a result, the following take effect immediately.

  1. My primary (and only) Facebook account, is hereby deactivated until further notice. All Facebook communication channels are deactivated as a result. Also:
  2. All instant messaging / chat interfaces are disabled.
  3. I will no longer frequent the RC except when I deem it necessary.
  4. My Facebook blog is moved to my public blog at http://itolkov.blogspot.com.
  5. I am accessible by e-mail via all public aliases (@g, @u, and @cs) anytime.
  6. If you would like to meet one-on-one, I will be on the second floor of the Math Research Library (PDL C306) from 11:30 to 12:15 every day except Fridays. I am completely open to meeting there.
  7. All prescheduled meetings with other students are hereby canceled. The only exception is the meeting with CR and BM - you know who you are.

I would like to thank everybody who helped me out this year. I would especially like to thank the RC group for recognizing me and letting me in. It is unfortunate that my relationship with the RC community had to proceed this way. Please understand that I do not intend to disappear, and will be glad to resume contact. I hope that what I said about you is true and that I will see you all in the nearest future.

I've posted a copy of this message on my blog at http://itolkov.blogspot.com. I'd be glad to read your comments there (anonymous comments are turned ON). Bear in mind that I wouldn't see your comments to the copy of this message on Facebook.

A PGP-signed copy of this message can be found here: http://stu.../itolkov/temp/notice9511.zip

Nothing stated herein is intended to impact my academic performance at UW. THIS NOTICE IS PUBLIC.


Again, I hope to see or hear from you soon.


Best Regards,

Igor Tolkov
University of Washington, Acad 6.0

No comments: