In memoriam cultorum

No, I'm not being serious. Just a little angry. And yes, I will reappropriate the funds, though at the moment I will not say to what cause.

Two loops made of plastic, two pieces of steel,
Their future together, their lives intertwined,
Left last week abroad and will never return,
Left last week abroad and are now left behind.

For over a decade they were at my back,
For over a decade I held them close by,
I saved them from teachers, I lost them and found them,
Yet failed today - from an airport guy.

And was denied also for them a transport.
The couple's bright future was now deferred.
As if by misfortune they came on my way,
And I - to a place that consumed them away.

And as by misfortune they came at a time
When I could no longer nor could yet provide.
I know now, I have to look toward my future
To let survive others, whose lives come beside.

Then, find a good cause, you, unpaid mailing fees!
Help more than a pair of scissors to breathe!
This Autumn, this August, to Europe I fly
To find me new partners, new friends, a new life!

No comments: