Birches (Translation)

Not sure from where, from whom, or what this group is, but here's a nice music video and my translation.

[[It is 17:00 in Moscow.

The group Ljube says hello to the precinct officer from the village Anisovka, senior lieutenant Kravtsov, wishes him good luck in his not-easy work and performs his favorite song.]]

Of what cause do in Russia the birches sound so?
Of what cause do white-stump'd understand every matter?
By the roads, leaned along with the wind they would stand
And the leaves they would sadly surrender.

I will follow the road, I am happy with space,
Maybe this will be all that I learn in my lifetime.
Of what cause do the unhappy flowers fall down,
The soul under my shirt calming down?

On my heart it is hot, and again it is hot.
And again, and again, with no answer.
And the leaf from the birch on my shoulder just fell,
It, like I, tore away from the branches.

We will sit for the road, my darling, with you,
Understand, I'll be back, do not weep, there's no need to.
The old lady will wave her hand to me good bye,
And the gate, behind me, will be closed.

Of what cause do in Russia the birches sound so?
Of what cause is so well my accordion playing?
Like the wind, fingers will pass the keys in a flash,
But the last one, ahh, just sinks down...

On my heart it is hot, and again it is hot.
And again, and again, with no answer.
And the leaf from the birch on my shoulder just fell,
It, like I, tore away from the branches.

On my heart it is hot, and again it is hot.
And again, and again, with no answer.
And the leaf from the birch on my shoulder just fell,
It, like I, tore away from the branches.

No comments: