Call me quietly by my name - Translation

I don't like this translation because I'm changing the words a lot. This song is difficult to translate because of the steady rhythm. I'll upload another version, maybe.

Won't you call my name quietly, call my name?
From a breaking spring.. won't you water me?
Will the heart call back, answering, boundless,
And silly and tender and storyless?
Dusk again walks in through the door, sleepless.
Again is obscure glass in my windows.
Out there nod the currant and lilac trees:
Won't you call me up, my quiet Rodina?

Won't you call my name... on the eve of day;
Won't you call my name; grief and longing mine,
Won't you call my name?

Won't you call my name... on the eve of day;
Won't you call my name; grief and longing mine,
Won't you call my name?

I know, will come to be our reunion.
Too much time has passed by since we said good bye.
The blue crescent is hiding behind the town.
There's no need to be sad, there's no want to cry.
Are those bells that are echoing far away?
Have we just ridden by, ridden by with you:
Everywhere raised dust, everywhere made tracks,
Didn't even make out the road under us?

Won't you call my name... on the eve of day;
Won't you call my name; grief and longing mine,
Won't you call my name?

Won't you call my name... on the eve of day;
Won't you call my name; grief and longing mine,
Won't you call my name?

Won't you call my name quietly, call my name?
From a breaking spring.. won't you water me?
I know, will come to be our reunion.
And I will return, this promise I will keep....

No comments: