Prediction

(A poem that I wrote today because I was bored. Unusually easy, considering that the metering was new for me.)

The sun will shine tomorrow
And overcast on Friday,
But what about friendships,
How will they be decided?

When I come back for Winter,
Whom will I meet embracing,
And who will stand beside me,
But oppositely facing?

For when the nest is bustling,
New social strands created,
Then dormant threads are broken
As less and less they're weighted.

And when a group of people,
Already so misguided,
Spread that idea to others,
They'll also come decided,

Determined to partition
From me and those few others
Who would remain beside me,
Who would remain my brothers.

And more of the rebellers,
Though none at fault for thinking,
Will join and join together
And push us from the linking.

And we will have to exile;
The nest for us will vanish
For our great disappointment,
Neigh one who dares banish.

But hopefully will strong be
Our ties to one another,
That dozens disappearing
Won't part, but join us rather.

And hopefully we will not
Regret much of our leaving
That we'll be strong together,
In others not believing.

And You, season not passed us,
May you stay with me always,
For you don't know the people
Who gossip in the hallways.

No comments: